Sunday 22 September 2013

Silo Layout in Sector 9

Here's my finished Silo layout I've set up in Sector 9 of the map (top right corner of your island).
I worked out the walking distances and spacing as I went, and this layout results in the exact same walk distance for farms and silos going to the right hand field, and the silos having a 4 second shorter overall journey on the left. On the left this 4 second margin will mean effectively one of your silos does nothing (because the fields are full) less then once a day.




It's 9 Farms and 9 Silos that will entirely look after itself, so you can surround the outer, further away spots with Nobles, and ignore the sector entirely if you wish after that.

If you wanted to trace the same layout out yourself using roads, I'd start with the lone bush sitting on its own down next to the left field. Draw a square out around it, and work your way out from there.

Not included yet, but there's also a spot towards the top centre where a Watermill or Friary could fit in front of the Nobles I've placed at there (the area has been mapped out with a road circling the spot).

2 comments:

  1. Great work mate ! Just about to help myself from your scheme - alot !
    Don't give up from new ideas and keep on going :)

    P.S. If you are interested can add me and check my pinewood in s2 - spent over 2 months adjusting it so i don't get jungle over my bald isle.

    Be well mate :)
    Urgh123,
    Sandycove

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great work, but how can i convert this for improved silo?

    ReplyDelete