Saturday 15 March 2014

Improved Silos in Sector 1, take 2

Our previous attempt was good, but there's room for improvement.
Today I've got a layout for Sector 1 that encompasses 7 improved silos to 19 farm (2.71 farms per silo), 2 storehouses and 1 field.

Here's the layout:
Click to enlarge
The 7 improved silos go in the squares marked in blue.
The 19 farms go in the squares marked in yellow.
The unmarked squares towards the edges were longer than a minute walk so weren't included.

For those of you interested in the maths involved, here's what my sheet looked like I was working from:

Column A was each possible walk distance, B was how may squares contained that distance in the current map.
Columns C and D were how much wheat is consumed/refilled over 24 hours for a level 5 building.
Columns E and F I type in how many of each building at each walk distance I want to test with.
And, columns H and I calculate how much they produce/consume in total and give final totals.

For this layout, the farms are going to be pulling out 10,670.71 wheat per day on average, and the silos are going to be filling 10,675.56. The silos will stay slightly ahead of the farms, so the field will remain nice and filled.

The average walk time for the farms is 49.3 seconds, pretty decent overall.

Happy Settling.

5 comments:

  1. nice xD. i did the last layout but i can`t afford more improved silos. Thanks for the upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://prntscr.com/3icy6c
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the bush removal trick, I hadn't talked about that so far. While using your decoration items to temporarily clear away some of the bushes (and then quickly place a building there) does work, and isn't against the rules according to BlueByte, it falls under the mystical area of "unsupported".

      There have been players lose their islands due to corruption, and while I've not seen anything to suggest this sort of thing has been a cause, I'm hesitant to mess with the normal layout of the island just in case that rare event does occur.
      I also certainly wouldn't want to suggest something, and then have it happen to any of you based upon my suggestion.
      As a result, I won't ever make a layout that requires the bush removal trick , but of course welcome anyone who does want to do it to go right ahead.

      Delete
  3. http://prntscr.com/3ieofn
    error :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ew. Well, that's awkward, thanks for pointing it out. The back row of buildings does indeed slow down those 2 squares. The rest still looks right, so that's 16 seconds added to the silos time.
      It still works I guess, and you aren't going to run out of wheat still, but I'll take a look when I get a chance and see if anything can be swapped to make up the small difference.

      Delete